enovating is proud to announce that its patent specialists are now certified as Qualified Patent Information Professional (ISBQPIP).
What is QPIP ?
The organization responsible for the examination and certification of patent information professionals is called the International Standards Board for Qualified Patent Information Professionals (ISBQPIP).
The organization consists of a Supervisory Council and several committees, as specified in the Articles and Rules. The Professional Representatives Collegium appoints the members of the Supervisory Council and monitors the activities of the ISBQPIP.
Why certification ?
What are the reasons to set up a certification for patent information professionals? People working in this profession observe the following:
- In the ‘Google-age’ many people believe that everybody can search nowadays and that everything is available for free on the internet
- There is a growing number of search service companies, but it is difficult to determine the quality of these services
- It takes time and effort to become an all-round patent information professional and it is a responsible job (missing crucial documents may be disastrous), however, the job is not always valued
Therefore the aim of certification of patent information professionals is:
- To set professional standards
- To give a kind of quality assurance (although as with any examination there is no guarantee that all who pass have the desired quality level)
- To get recognition of the profession, and thereby maybe make it more attractive
It is not the intention to make the examination and certification of patent information professionals mandatory, however, it could become widely adopted.
More information : QPIP website